Tuesday, September 10, 2013

It's Bouncy, It's Sexy and It's FUN!


I'm really excited right now. About a book. Yeah, I know, you've heard people babbling about books all the time to the point where you're sick to death about hearing it. Right? But I just started reading a new book and it's got the BEST happiest, bounciest, sexiest heroine I've come across in some time.

Genevieve Jack
I had no plans to buy a book yesterday – I've already got an absolute stack of uncracked ones staring at me like mooching dogs at a Sunday picnic. But one of my Friday Flash buddies, GP Ching (aka Genevieve Jack), was advertising a free book on Facebook so I thought, what the hey. It's free, and it's GP, what's to lose?

About an hour ago I opened The Ghost in the Graveyard and seriously? The thing just grabbed me by the knackers and wouldn't let go. The story bounces from one page to the next and I was turning pages as fast as I could. I only stopped, just now, to come downstairs and pen a note to GP saying how freaking great her book is. Then I thought, what the heck, I'd give her a plug here as well.

Warning: it's a book for grown-ups so if smoulderingly sexy scenes aren't your cup of tea, give it a pass. Everyone else? Cozy on up to the most refreshing and kick-ass romance heroine I've come across in a long, long time.

Bonus: The second book in this series, Kick the Candle, has just been released. It's fabulous to know that when I'm kicking through Graveyard, I've got a Candle to light my way.


18 comments:

  1. I so want to like romance and erotica....but it's just not a genre that I like. With the name of the book I thought maybe it was a thriller.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't normally either... and it IS kind of a thriller... it's got ghosts and everything!

      Delete
  2. My step daughter reads her books . Thanks for sharing have a good read !

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know why men don't get into romances: I like the sex parts but the relationships don't do it - unless there is some blood and guts to splice up the story. I guess it is a man thing: women are from Venus and men are from Mars.
    the Ol'Buzzard

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so honest Ol Buzzard! And I've gotta say, there are some juicy "sex parts" in this book!

      Delete
  4. Bouncy, sexy and fun! Who could ask for more from a book - or from life.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha, yes she does write some grown-ups books, doesn't she? Glad you're grooving so highly on it, Cathy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's like 50 Shades of Grey, only WAY BETTER WRITTEN, plus it's got ghouls and vampires and a haunted house and, and.... yes, grooving is exactly the right word, John!!!!

      Delete
  6. Hey, just saw this! I'm so glad you like the Genevieve Jack books. Thank you for featuring them on your blog. You're the best, Cathy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am SUCH a fan of yours, Gen, it's embarrassing to admit!

      Delete
  7. Nice when you find a book that you really like. Gen's a great writer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Her main character is really my cup of tea and yeah, Gen's very talented.

      Delete
  8. Exactly which part of you is the "knackers"? XD And how smoldering are we talking?

    Might have to look into it. :)

    ReplyDelete

How's it going, eh? It's SO good to hear from you. Tell me every darn thing...