Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Holy Crap They're Good!


HOOOOOLY MOOOOLLLLY!
Big wootey-woots for this year's American Idol contestants. There isn't one of them I'm dying to ship home. I can't even tell you the name of last year's winner and don't get me started on that Chris guy beating out Adam Lambert the year previous.
All of those guys, ALL of 'em, would have had their hands full on 2011's stage. They're just crazy good and I'm having a hard time picking one favourite.
So far, though, it's gotta be James Durbin. Man, that guy can sing. His whole presence has strength. His hands don't flail about – he holds them close and I can feel the man of him coming off those arms in waves. He owns the stage and tonight he slammed down a McCartney song the same way he slammed down last week's metal. 
But I'm also smitten with Casey Abrams, Pia Toscano and Jacob Lusk. 
Casey, wow, he makes me cheer for him out loud in the living room. I love the fearlessness of this guy and he's easily the most musically experienced kid on the show. 
Pia - she reminds me of Linda Ronstadt and I'm such a Ronstadt fan. 
And Jacob - unbelievable the pipes on that kid. 
I also like the deep voiced country kid, Scott McCreery, but he needs to inject more emotion into his songs. And take a lesson from James - quit flailing your hands around!
Who you liking so far, dawg?

8 comments:

  1. I'm rooting for James and Casey. (But I wish James would lose the "tail" ;-) )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Sam, he lost it last night! He must have been listening to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. YES!!!!! I love IDOL!!!! But we tivo it and watch the whole thing Friday night when hubbers and kids are all together. So NO SPOILERS!

    I adore James Durbin, and Pia, and that little Asian girl. And Casey. They are ALL so good, they give me tingles. Peace...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Linda - no spoilers but you're going to have a rocking good time Friday night!
    Lou - Yes! I was ready to give up on Idol after last year's uninspired roster and Simon's departure. I don't miss Simon at all and am astounded by the calibre of the singers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. HI! Just a quick note to let you know that I gave you a blog award :)

    (and yay on getting rid of that tail!)

    http://theslightdetour.blogspot.com/2011/03/friday-field-trip-eggs-and-awards.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yep, most of them are awesome. I'm thinking that Casey guy could go all the way (if he stays out of hospital).

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know! I wonder what's wrong with him? (As if I don't have enough to worry about, now I'm worried about the Casey guy.)

    ReplyDelete

How's it going, eh? It's SO good to hear from you. Tell me every darn thing...