Thursday, November 25, 2010

This is REALLY GREAT, really, really, REALLY GREAT!


This is SO cool!
You have to hear it!
It's John Wiswell reading one of my blurbs! 

He reads it SO WELL I sound like Stephen Leacock! 


Or Stuart McLean! 


Or somebody really funny!
Why is King Wiswell reading one of my rants? Why am I calling him King Wiswell? The latter is obvious.. as the purveyor of The Bathroom Monologues, he does spend a lot of time on the throne.
Why's he reading my story?
Because I've got horseshoes up my arse.
Oh, and because he had a contest to celebrate the third anniversary of the Monologues and he drew a winner and the horseshoes in my butt reached down and grabbed my name out of a hat (or was it a toilet bowl?). The prize was John reading anything of my choosing. Anything! I decided on Hello Rock? I'd Like A Coffee because it really happened, and CJ Hodges-MacFarlane really liked it, and because I thought it would mystify the great and terrible John Wiswell. Mystified? Pffft! He read it like a pro. He made me sound funny! I love it so much I made everybody at work listen to it.. and they laughed!
I'm not sure what John is doing with it... I hope my posting it isn't beating him to any punch... I'm just so excited to share.
Go! Listen! John is really, really, really good!
Let me know what you think!
Squee!!!!

3 comments:

  1. Love it! and well deserving that you get attention like this. You are a gem.
    Ed

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not going to do anything with it, Cathy. It's yours! Post it like this, or streaming, or whatever you desire. I'm tickled you made your co-workers listen to it. It was a pleasure to record. I might make a link on the BM's to forward people here, but that's it. This is all you. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete

How's it going, eh? It's SO good to hear from you. Tell me every darn thing...