Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Bloggers in Chains

More pussywillows, because you can never have enough.

HERE'S THE THING.
I'm surrounded by people who, at this particular moment, are full of angst about their blogs.
One is editing his blog like a terrier shakes a rat, taking out posts, taking out comments, making secret blogs, all to avoid hurting his children, who have been reading his work and making a big stink out of it.
One is completely ignoring her blog, which is sad because, aside from it being wonderful, I think it provides a good, safe, healthy outlet for her in somewhat turbulent times.
One wrote the most magnificent piece about a troubled relationship with a parent I have ever laid eyes on. Truly breathless, naked, heartfelt writing. He wondered if posting it was a mistake and then, later, took it down.
Still another is having problems with her ex. He has actually involved the police, accusing her of writing about him. She is, by the way, a writer of fiction, despite what his ego must be thinking.
It all just hurts my head, sometimes.
Be free, people.
Write what's in your heart and in your head.
Unshackle societal burdens and let the words flow.
You can do it.
I know you can.

Oh, and by the way? I think my commenting system is seriously flawed. Sometimes comments show up in my e-mail that never make it onto my blog. Sometimes I make comments on other people's blogs that just disappear. Even my facebook comments get skewed sometimes. If you've made a comment lately that hasn't appeared, my apologies, but I don't know what is going on...

7 comments:

  1. ha ha... great song.. I listened to it while I chopped carrots.
    That Nina, she's amazing.
    But you, Man-Mark, what are you saying?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your 1st blogger - I agree and said so.
    2nd blogger - I don't know her.
    3rd blogger - I agree, magnificent post!
    4th blogger - Don't know that one either.

    Well, I guessed 2 out of 4. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so right! Writers write and if readers have problem with what's written, then they can just move along!

    It's hard enough to sit down and make the words flow some days. It would be impossible if one had to think about all the people who MIGHT get upset by the writing.

    Though I do confess that some people in my family think I'm writing about them (FICTION, people). But I laugh and tell them they're just not that interesting. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I miss my pussywillow tree (the one I grew up with outside of my mother's place).

    Bloggers unite.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OK, I put it back up. But don't even think about describing it as "fearless" or the least bit courageous. A part of me (a part I don't like very much) also wants sympathy. That's not very attractive.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, my name is CJ and I'm #2.

    I'm suffering blogblock. heh

    ReplyDelete
  7. As always, I'm a day late. But now I know not to ever mess with Cathy, because I will be called out. ;-) These are difficult issues we have to struggle with. Everything we post is immediately public and on the record. And I do have to say, I'm not a writer who thinks the people in our lives are automatically fair game and must take one for team art. I go on a case by case basis, but generally my relationships are more important to than me making my self-expression public. Having said that, I am about to enter some troubled waters where a whole lot of the past is going to be brought back to life in words, and there are certain people who have no more rights left with me.

    Mark, you deserve more than sympathy.

    Come back, CJ, come back. ;-)

    ReplyDelete

How's it going, eh? It's SO good to hear from you. Tell me every darn thing...